Spring officially kicks off Saturday, March 20th so YES I’m a little early but I just feel so excited to talk about this upcoming season of rebirth and regeneration. I’ve already started to notice subtle shifts in the people around me – more movement, more smiling, more sunshine, more active energy. Today, we are going to take a look at things to do during the potent spring season to help you embrace this time with wholehearted joy.
What’s in season (please note, my location is Calgary, Alberta):
What to focus on?
- Declutter your space around you.
- Go through your wardrobe. Are you holding on to pieces that truly do not spark joy or happiness? What about old clothes that you no longer fit into? The transition between seasons is a great time to see what gaps you need to fill in your wardrobe and what items you need to just kick to the curb.
- Plant flowers or buy new plants for your home. Brighten up your space and bring a little bit of greenery inside. It might be time to nurture a tiny little seed to fullness or to finally start consistently watering that plant in the corner of your room. You know the one…
- Take a walk each and every day. Now please note that I totally would recommend this yearly but in the springtime you can become especially observant of the new life taking growth all around you. It’s a good time to anchor into a new, fresh physical routine.
- Visit a farmer’s market and take in all the local fresh vegetables. Now that we are getting into prime growing season, there will be many new sights to take in. Try a vegetable or fruit you haven’t worked with before and make a new recipe simply because you are feeling curious and inspired.
Deepening your Spiritual Practice
- As we switch from rest and hibernation in winter to the more go-getting energy of spring, consider moving forward or actioning some of the projects or ideas you’ve been sitting on.
- Plant some metaphysical seeds. Take a moment of deep intentionality to figure out what exactly it is you want.
- Remove emotional clutter from your life. Purge old letters, pictures, documents, furniture and clothing that makes you feel a certain type of way. Remember to honour the past while also steadfastly facing the future.
- Treat your body as a temple. Spring is a time of clearing out so take inventory of what nutrition and habits surround your body. Are there any areas you could address to reach optimal, vibrant health? How are you honouring your unique physical container?
- Consider an energy session with a qualified professional. Go in with the intention of welcoming a new season with freshness and leaving behind anything stale and holding you back.
Spring is such a special time and while it can be filled with many minor nuisances (changing weather, muck and mud, difficulty coordinating outfits with temperature) it is also an incredible time to harness energetically. What new things are you hoping to call in this 2021? What seeds are you planting?
“Always it’s spring and everyone’s in love and the flowers pick themselves.” – E.E Cummings
As your Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant at Naturmend, I am committed to creating healthy communities. I believe in honouring the unique biochemical individuality of each person who walks through my door and in the amazing benefits of a whole food diet. A healthy body and balanced mind are the cornerstones of a happy existence.