Hi everyone. Ralitza here! I’m the Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant here at Naturmend. I’ve been in practice for 2 years and throughout that time have seen a variety of patients with a multitude of issues. There have been a few common themes that have popped up over the last few months that I’d like to pop on here and address today.
First of all, let’s get down to the nitty gritty. How does an appointment with me work?
- You would either phone Naturmend at (403)457-3205 or make your appointment on naturmend.com. After that, you’d receive a comprehensive intake form that includes a variety of detailed questions that cover different areas of your life. That form comes directly to me and I will review it before your first initial appointment.
- When you come into the clinic, you and I will go over those forms together. I also have a multitude of other questions that we will go over. Some of these may not seem to make sense, but I promise in terms of your overall holistic health that there IS a reason I’m asking you these questions! My goal is to nit-pick until I get a sense of where you are experiencing health and nutrient imbalances and also identify easy opportunities for improvement.
- 48 hours after your appointment, you will receive your plan. This plan will include 3-5 general steps you can take towards better health, and a 1-week plan filled with powerhouse nutrients, colourful fruits and vegetables and recipes that taste good. These plans take into account your likes, dislikes, allergies and sensitivities. You’ll find recipes tailored to your preferences; what you love to eat and if you enjoy cooking or not. An additional weekly plan may be purchased for $85.00.
- We both acknowledge that health and wellness require a holistic approach to life including massive exposure to gorgeous healthy foods, sunlight, proper exercise and regenerative sleep. I have tools to approach these areas that I can give you. I will always refer out if I feel like your particular case is beyond my scope. This doesn’t mean I don’t want to work with you – it’s just that I want to put you in touch with the practitioner who can help you best right now!
What I do NOT do:
- Diagnosis disease. This needs to be done with a practitioner who has a medical licence to practice and make those claims and statements.
- As a Holistic Nutritional Consultant, I do not prescribe drugs or pharmaceuticals. This is out of my scope of practice, and my focus tends to be FOOD-ONLY. I can help teach you about dietary herbs and dietary supplements, but I will never prescribe anything.
- Perform invasive procedures or touch therapies. I won’t be able to draw blood or massage you. This should be evident by my title, but you’d be shocked at the requests I get!
What YOU will need to do:
Put in the work. To put it simply, I’m not going to be following you around knocking food out of your hands. You have to want to do this and you have to put in the effort on your own behalf. You’ll need to:
- Cook and prepare your own recipes.
- Eat as many times in the day as I suggest for optimal nutrient exposure.
- Take initiative and reach out to me if you have any questions about your plan.
- Ask for tweaks to recipes or for help choosing a meal at an event ahead of time.
- You may be required to keep a detailed food journal for me or start tracking intake using an app such as MyFitness Pal.
- Celebrate your successes and loop me in so I can celebrate, too!
- Take charge of your circumstances and make choices that empower you to reach a state of optimal health and wellness.
- Revel in the fact that you made the choice towards better health, and that any progress is better than no progress at all. We are NOT in a sprint, but we are working on changing your perceptions, feelings and emotions around food. This can be a big shift that stirs up all kinds of feelings and thoughts, so you’ll also need to be patient with yourself.
Practicing these past few years has brought me an immense amount of happiness and fulfillment. I love seeing my clients succeed and I love being part of that success. I do expect a fair amount from you, but please remember that my goal here is to see you through to where you want to be. I’ll be your biggest cheerleader and number one fan all wrapped up into one!
What do you think? Did I scare you away? Comment below with any questions you might have for me or alternatively you can email email@example.com.
As your Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant at Naturmend, I am committed to creating healthy communities. I believe in honouring the unique biochemical individuality of each person who walks through my door and in the amazing benefits of a whole food diet. A healthy body and balanced mind are the cornerstones of a happy existence.