Halloween may be over, but I’m not quite ready to let go of pumpkin recipes! I think we can keep the pumpkin going until at least the end of November, don’t you agree?
Today I’m sharing a delicious recipe for pumpkin no-cheese mini cheesecakes which are so rich and satisfying, you would never even know that they’re not the “real thing”! Many people have negative reactions to dairy products, so it’s great to find an alternative that makes you feel as though you’re not missing out even if you do have to remove dairy from your diet.
These mini-cheesecakes can be left in the freezer for 3 months, so make a big batch and keep them on hand for when company shows up (or for when the craving strikes)… Enjoy!
Recipe – Pumpkin No-Cheese Mini Cheesecakes
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup Medjool dates (soaked in hot water for minimum 10 minutes)
2 tbsp cashew butter
pinch sea salt
1 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for minimum 1 hour)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse until ground. Add dates, cashew butter, and sea salt, and pulse until well combined.
- Divide mixture between muffin tin and press down with wet fingers to form a crust. Place muffin tin in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add cashews, non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over crust in muffin tins and top with walnuts, if desired.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, until firm.
- Allow to thaw slightly from freezer for about 5 minutes before serving. They are great with coconut whipped cream on top!
Jen has always been passionate about taking a holistic approach to health and wellness. She believes in bringing a sense of balance into every part of life, and that the combination of proper nutrition along with simple and consistent lifestyle shifts can bring endless benefits.