So, here’s a recipe for a BASIC smoothie with ingredients in your home, that you can use as a meal or snack!
It supports your brain, gives you energy, promotes anti-inflammatory pathways and hopefully will reduce the NEED FOR CAFFEINE on a daily basis – you will be energized!!
I like my smoothies to contain something from each of these food groups:
- Protein powder (sometimes I’ll leave this one out of the smoothie and have a chicken breast on the side)
- Healthy fat
- “Exciting ingredients” that you have available
- chia seeds
- collagen powder
- sunflower/almond/cashew butter
Ingredients for today’s smoothie:
- 5 cups organic mixed greens
- ½ carrot
- ½ apple
- ½ cup frozen berries
- ½ tsp ground flax
- ½ avocado
- ½ scoop PaleoProtein (10g protein)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (“exciting topping”)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (“exciting topping”)
- 3/4 cup water
- Mix ingredients in blender
**Note: These are easy to make in a large amount – you can have snacks prepared for the week!
To a healthier and happier you,
Dr. Nadia Mawji, ND
Fellowship in Integrative Cancer Therapy Candidate
If you are interested in seeing Dr. Nadia Mawji as a patient, please book an initial appointment with her online today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! Dr. Nadia Mawji also offers free 15 minute consults if you’d like to meet with her first before booking an initial appointment. Stay up to date with her Naturmend blog posts for more information on cutting edge treatments and research!