Is your skin preventing you from being truly HAPPY? It shouldn’t! Skin is the largest organ we have and it deserves some TLC! Give it healthy lifestyle changes, a reduction in inflammatory triggers and maybe some hormone regulation.
Here are 5 tips to have your skin glowing:
- HEALTHY GUT = HEALTHY SKIN.Skin conditions are best treated from the INSIDE-OUT! Remove inflammatory foods from your diet. We don’t know that the foods we are eating may actually be contributing to our skin issues. Did you know that approximately 80% of our immune system is in our gut? It’s safe to say that HEALTHY GUT = HEALTHY SKIN. Food sensitivity testing is a great way to determine foods that may actually be hindering you from achieving healthy glowing skin. An anti-inflammatory diet tailored to your body’s specific immune responses is the ultimate key to healthy skin.
- HORMONE DYSREGULATION. Once your gut is healthy and healed, I like to take a look at hormones like thyroid, adrenal (stress response), estrogen, progesterone and testosterone dysregulation. These can ALL play a role in a variety of skin conditions. Did you know that all these hormones are related to one another? Did you also know that all of these hormones respond to inflammation?! Have your doctor test your hormones thoroughly. I like to recommend urine hormone testing (multiple samples throughout the day) as this helps us test HORMONES AND THEIR METABOLITES and follow their changes throughout the day.
- The best way to clear out toxins from our bodies is to DRINK LOTS OF WATER. We get stuck in a rut of not drinking any water. Water is essential as it can help prevent dryness and inspiring that GLOW FACTOR.
- MOISTURIZE and CLEANSE. Just as water helps maintain the integrity of our skin, so does a great moisturizer and cleanser. Use products that are all-natural and have a low toxic load.
- ALWAYS USE SUNSCREEN. The sun is wonderful, but it does promote aging if our skin is not protected. Avoid those fine lines, wrinkles and age spots by starting to use clean products early on.
If you are interested in seeing Dr. Nadia Mawji as a patient, please book an initial appointment with her online today or email email@example.com for more information! Dr. Nadia Mawji also offers free 15 minute consults if you’d like to meet with her first before booking an initial appointment. Stay up to date with her Naturmend blog posts for more information on cutting edge treatments and research!