These energy bites make for the perfect healthy on the go snack and with the added ingredient of Schizandra berry they help to revitalize your liver and give your skin a luminous glow. Hence the name “Shine Bright Energy Bites”!
Benefits of Schizandra
Schizandra is a unique adaptogen which helps the body normalize its functions during stressful situations and increases the body’s resistance to stress and disease. It also helps to improve mental performance, supports hormone health and increases energy. Learn more about this unique superfood here.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
Add all of the following ingredients into a high quality food processor.
- Approximately 1.5 cups of gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter of your choice ( I used organic cashew butter)
- 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Schizandra organic berry powder (I highly recommend the Organic Traditions brand from the Light Cellar).
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Add water as needed to get to desired consistency
Makes 8-10 bites.
Refrigerate and treat yourself as you see fit!
Alex has always had a passion for all things health and wellness. As a former marathon runner and Certified Yoga teacher, she loves to geek out on anything anatomy and in her spare time enjoys being active, reading, hiking, meditating and being present in nature.