Ozone therapy is an effective therapy for a variety of chronic conditions. These include:
- Chronic Infections: bacterial, viral, fungal
- Diabetic skin ulcers
Informative Facts about Ozone:
- Ozone works by its oxidative potential, initiating cell death of cancer, bacterial, fungal and viral cells. Ozone is the 3rd most powerful oxidant (with fluorine and persulfate taking the lead). In comparison to oxygen which has 2 oxygen molecules, ozone has three oxygen molecules.
- Ozone can interact with: polyunsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants, thiol compounds, carbohydrates, enzymes, DNA and RNA.
- Ozone increases circulation by improving the flow of blood and preventing clumping and restoring flexibility. Ozone stimulates glycolysis which helps to increase tissue re-oxygenation. Ozone has the ability “oxidize” the plaque in blood vessels.
- Ozone helps deliver oxygen to hypoxic tissues (cancer cells) and helps to reactivate the metabolism of those cells as well. This is one reason why ozone is beneficial in cancer cells.
- Ozone activates the cellular modulators of the immune system (T and B cells) – this is the mechanism of action of why it helps in chronic infections.
- Ozone helps in bacterial infections, specifically, because ozone has the ability to penetrate bacterial cell walls.
- In fungal infections, ozone prevents growth of fungal cells at various stages in its growth cycle.
- The major reason behind why ozone is beneficial in all of these conditions is because cancer, bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites all thrive in hypoxic or low-oxygen environments. Introducing ozone into the mix, negates all of this.
At Naturmend, we offer a variety of Ozone Administration Methods:
- Intravenous – most effective in cancer and chronic infection
- External bagging – effective in localized infection, wounds and diabetic ulcers
- Direct Internal – vaginal and rectal
The methods of administration depend on the condition. Your ozone-certified ND will be able to recommend the best method for you.
Patient response depends on the individual and the way in which their body processes the ozone. Patients with chronic infection may feel tired post-treatment. This is due the “die off” that occurs during treatment. However, some patients feel more energized post-treatment.
For added benefits, Ozone can be combined with other IV(s)/injectables in the same sitting to more effectively treat chronic illness and target cells more effectively.
In order to ensure safety of therapy, blood work is completed prior to treatment. This blood work ensures that the liver and kidneys are functioning optimally and that patients are able to tolerate treatment effectively. Another test required prior to Ozone administration is the G6PD test. Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) is an enzyme that ensures that oxidative treatments are tolerated well. We test for the presence of this enzyme to prevent major adverse effects from treatment. Last but not least, a Complete Blood Count (CBC) is tested periodically to ensure that various blood cells counts remain stable.
I also offer free 15 minute consults if you’d like to meet with her first before booking an initial appointment. Stay up to date with my Naturmend blog posts for more information on cutting edge treatments and research!
Dr. Nadia Mawji values and seeks to find new and emerging therapies and treatments through medical clinical research that can benefit her patients in the best possible way. Her passion lies with helping individuals in prevention, treatment and management of cancer and other chronic immune disease. Her experience involves utilizing the most current and effective oral therapies, combined with targeted intravenous therapies, most current laboratory tests, along with dietary modifications to best target various types of cancer.