I’ve been crazy about this vibrantly coloured slaw for the last few months. I call it the summer slaw recipe and it really is slaw-tastic! I can’t seem to get enough of it and I’m glad since its full of antioxidants, fiber, potassium and taste!
Here are the ingredients:
- Cabbage – great source of fiber, potassium, Vitamin K
- Beets – source of betaine, Vitamin C among others
- Carrots – fiber, beta – carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin K etc
- Kale – fiber, folate, Vit K etc
- Apple – fiber, antioxidants and flavenoids!
- 1/2 full head of organic purple cabbage
- 3 red organic beets, peeled
- 4 organic carrots, peeled
- 5 leaves of organic kale (thicker stem removed)
- 1/2 organic apple
Shred in your food processor and mix in a large bowl. Optional add in 1/ 2 cup of organic raisins.
Dress this with your favourite dressing! Sometimes I go for the miso based dressings and other times I like the EVOO + Balsamic vinegar + honey + lemon!
Dr. Sarah Kent is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor specializing in your health. She blends traditional knowledge with current scientific understanding to generate wellness within her patients. She has received specialized training in naturopathic sports medicine, applying the principles and tools of naturopathic care in treating athletes.