It is that time of year again where there is a deep chill in the air and a warm beverage is like discovering a cup of gold. I have just the drink to recommend-turmeric tea. Turmeric tea is not only a comforting and heart-warming choice, it also has several health benefits which make it good for your overall health as well.
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tsp fresh grated or ground turmeric
- 1 medium sized lemon squeezed
- 1-2 tbsp unpasterized raw honey
- 1-2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
In a saucepan, bring water to boil. Add the fresh grated or ground turmeric and ginger, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid covered. Strain the tea and add the honey and lemon to desired taste. Then add the coconut oil and/or pepper to increase turmeric absorption.
- Improves digestion – relieves gastric discomfort, nausea and intestinal gas
- Reduces inflammation – improves muscle and arthritic joint pain
- Supports the heart – reduces high blood pressure and improves the health of arteries and circulation
- Supports the liver the body’s natural detoxification process
- Provides antioxidant benefits- reduces the risk of illness and disease
Happy tea drinking!