I like these cookies because they are quick to make and can be used as an easy breakfast on the go. Good idea to add some nuts or seeds or top with nut or seed butter to increase your protein intake.
- 1 & 1/2 cups coarsely ground rolled oats (or oat flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut (palm) sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flaxseeds & hot water together in small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Mix the rest of the ingredients in large mixing bowl and add in flaxseed mix. Stir together until thick. Spoon onto greased or parchment paper lined oven trays. Makes 6 large or 10 medium sized cookies. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy.
* Add nuts, seeds, chocolate chips as desired
* Omit the sugar for a less sweet version (you may need to decreased the amount of oil in the recipe as well)
After graduating with a degree in nutritional sciences from the University of British Columbia, I went on to complete my naturopathic medical training at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine.