Fill your belly on a rainy summer day with this comprehensive complex carb oatmeal breakfast loaded with good (and plentiful) fats! Make plenty to save for breakfast on the go throughout the week because prepping is the key to good eating habits!
Time to make: 15min
- 2 cups of gluten free oats *
- ¾ cup water
- ½ can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of mixed frozen berries
- 5 tbsp of honey
- 1 handful each of: pecans, walnuts and pumpkin seeds
- 1 banana, sliced then diced
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- 2 eggs poached
- Add oatmeal and water and coconut milk to pot. Place on medium heat. Bring to boil, stirring. You may need to add more water / coconut milk depending on the consistency that you desire.
- At this time I would also boil the water for the poached egg. I add vinegar to the water. ~ 1 tbsp : 1 cup of water
- Add frozen berries, honey, seeds & nuts and banana to oatmeal
- Reduce to low / medium if sticking to the pot
- Cook until oats look down. Turn heat off and add lid for a minutes.
- Scoop into bowl, top with egg and maple syrup!
* oats are by nature gluten free but if processed in a factory that also processes gluten grains they aren’t – cross contamination.
Dr. Sarah Kent is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor specializing in your health. She blends traditional knowledge with current scientiﬁc understanding to generate wellness within her patients. She has received specialized training in naturopathic sports medicine, applying the principles and tools of naturopathic care in treating athletes.