On my days off the only thing I want to do is exercise. Usually on Sundays I will wake up and run 5-10km and on Mondays I will swim for an hour and go to a hard yoga class. Sometimes I even throw in a hard bike ride on either day.
Depending on how I ate the day before I will choose to eat breakfast or do a fasted exercise session. However, right now, my primary focus is adrenal care and decreasing cortisol (stress hormone), which means that eating within 90 minutes of waking is essential.
This breakfast is super easy to make, full of protein, fat and carbs and VERY satisfying. If it’s too high in fat for your body’s liking than simply remove the coconut oil, but I will say that it’s sooooo much better with it.
- 1 Portobello mushroom
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- Cook Portabella mushroom in the oven at 400 for about 10 – 15 minutes or until tender.
- Spread coconut oil, avocado and nut butter in that order for best results.
- Make sure you have a paper towel on hand, it’s a little messy.
- Eat slowly and mindfully.
- Enjoy and smile!
By working with me you’ll gain a deeper understanding of your body and the best foods for it. I can offer simple and easy recommendations that will help you feel more energetic, happy, balanced and calm, along with meal plans suited to your lifestyle.