Pancakes don’t have to just be for Sunday mornings. This is one of my favourite go-to recipes. It’s simple, yet packs a punch with a good amount nutrients and protein. Everything you need to get your day started off on the right foot!
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup of almond or coconut flour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A dash of cinnamon
For added flavour you can throw in chopped apples or fresh berries.
Almond butter sauce:
- 1/3 cup almond or any variety of a nut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ tablespoon honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients for the pancakes in a small bowl and mash together. You can also use a blender or food processor.
- Heat up a small non-stick pan with a dollop of coconut oil or butter over medium heat. Pour the pancake batter onto the pan and allow 3-4 minutes for each side, or until golden brown.
- For the sauce, place the ingredients in a small microwave-safe dish and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pancake and dig in!
Note: Best paired with bacon 🙂
Dr. Nicole Barry completed her Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology with Honours at Western University in London, Ontario. She then continued on to Toronto to successfully obtain her Doctor of Chiropractic at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College.