As you’ve probably seen scattered throughout this blog I am a big advocate of high protein breakfasts. These breakfast meatballs are great because you can cook them all at the beginning of your week and just reheat to serve. It will save you time in the morning while ensuring optimal energy and cognitive health. This recipe is paleo, gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and will help with the majority of your health goals!
- 1 lb ground meat (I prefer bison, but you can use beef, lamb, chicken, turkey or pork)
- Finely chopped onion, mushrooms, garlic
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds (this helps keep the meat together)
- Spices: oregano, salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl put all ingredients together. Begin to mash ingredients together with your hands, making sure to mix very very well. Take a small portion of the mixture (about a large spooned amount) and roll in your palms to create a little ball. You can also make larger sizes if you prefer.
- On a large baking sheet (you can cover with aluminum foil) place the meatballs in rows.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
Enjoy these homemade breakfast meatballs with some steamed greens, sweet potatoes and avocado and you have yourself a gratifying, healthy, and nutrient dense breakfast!
I am a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, CHN™ and have a transcript in Iridology from the Canadian Institute of Iridology. I achieved my diploma with honors in holistic nutrition at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in Calgary, Alberta. My vast knowledge of supplementation has been acquired from working in naturopathic clinics, health food stores and ongoing education through webinars, books and podcasts. It is important to me to have up to date information on the newest nutritional research and popular diets. I have also completed my 200hr yoga teacher training in Brazil in 2013 with Define Yoga.