This meal is delicious even if you aren’t doing the SIBO diet. It’s very plain but nourishing and gives your digestive tract a real break. It’s low carb, sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, and it’s nourishing, warming, nutrient dense and delicious!
- Butternut squash
- Ground lamb
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Boil the carrots until very soft. At the same time, peel and cube the squash and cook in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes, or simply, until soft.
- In a food processor, mash up the carrots and squash (together) so that they are in tiny pieces, not quite pureed, but definitely chopped up.
- In a frying pan, cook the lamb thoroughly and DO NOT throw away the fat.
- Remove most of the meat (leave how ever much you’d like to eat, and about 1 tbsp of lamb fat.) Add as much carrots and squash mix into the frying pan as you’d like and fry up together.
- To finish off, add the coconut oil on top and mix around then top up with lots of salt and pepper.
Be prepared for this to be a version of your breakfast, lunch and dinner for a little while as you hit the reset button on your body.
Deciphering all things SIBO,
Digestive imbalance is a passion of mine, as I truly believe most conditions stem from a deregulated gastrointestinal tract. Gas, bloating, constipation, or loose bowels can contribute to a weakened immune system, fatigue, mental fog, or stress. After the diet is balanced these conditions may also clear up, providing more strength, mental clarity and happiness. I also have a huge interest in stress and how stress effects the body. I love creating diets that support, nourish, heal and sustain to make your life easier.