As a follow up to my blog Ditch the Breakfast Cereal, here is a delicious, filling breakfast alternative to try out. This breakfast recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and sugar free.
- 2 Slices gluten free, egg free, vegan nut & seed bread. Follow this recipe.
- Cooked ground meat- you can use turkey, beef, pork, lamb, I used elk. The meat was simply fried up with garlic and onions.
- Few leaves of arugula or spinach
- Toast the seed bread in an oven or toaster oven.
- Smother warmed bread with tahini.
- Pile the greens, avocado slices and ground meat.
- As mentioned in my previous blog having protein (the ground meat) for breakfast keeps you fuller for longer, helps your brain work better and is overall better for blood sugar levels.
- The bread is full of fiber and healthy fats from the nuts & seeds, which will also help sustain blood sugar levels and help with elimination/ general colon support.
- Tahini is high is calcium providing healthy minerals for strong bone structure.
- Avocado is a source of healthy fats, which are anti-inflammatory, and full of wonderful b- vitamins- both the fat and the b’s will provide you with long lasting energy.
- Arugula/ Spinach – full of vitamins & minerals to help with overall health and supporting detoxification pathways in the body.
I am fully aware that this is not a typical breakfast, but that’s the point! Breakfast sets the stage for your day. Take the time to create a delicious, nutrient dense and satisfying meal that will give you the fuel to be your best self!
I am a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, CHN™ and have a transcript in Iridology from the Canadian Institute of Iridology. I achieved my diploma with honors in holistic nutrition at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in Calgary, Alberta. My vast knowledge of supplementation has been acquired from working in naturopathic clinics, health food stores and ongoing education through webinars, books and podcasts. It is important to me to have up to date information on the newest nutritional research and popular diets. I have also completed my 200hr yoga teacher training in Brazil in 2013 with Define Yoga.