SIBO Friendly, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free
I have been obsessed with this dish lately because it’s so easy to make, it’s super quick and so flavorful! The spaghetti squash absorbs a lot of flavor from the beef fat and paired with the onion.. yum!
- Onion (some SIBO diets won’t allow onion so please omit if this is you)
- Grass fed Ground beef
- Coconut oil
- Spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Hotchkiss Microgreens for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half and spoon out seeds. Drizzle about a tsp of olive oil on each side and let cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut onion finely and add to frying pan along with a tbsp of coconut oil. Let the onion brown and add the ground beef. Cook until there is no visible pink.
- Once the spaghetti squash is finished cooking take out of the oven and let cool. Once you are able to hold it without burning your hands, scrape the innards out with a fork.
- Add the squash to the ground beef along with chopped chard. Add the stem too! Allow the chard to get soft and serve with a garnish of delicious micro greens or pea shoots.
My intense passion for nutrition was sparked when I noticed vast changes in mood and energy by just altering the way I ate. Working through personal digestive imbalances and various sensitivities, I understand that every body is unique and needs a diet suited for it. I love creating new recipes with simple and beneficial ingredients and especially enjoy the challenge of working around diet requirements, sensitivities and/or allergies.