Lighten the load on your gastro intestinal system with this smoothie packed full of flavor and nutrients. Perfect if you want to take a break from heavy meals or aren’t feeling like a big lunch. Good to use as a palate pleaser for any eating patterns that may be troubling you as described in Why We Gain Weight
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- 2 apples
- 1 orange
- 1.5 cups of mixed berries
- 2 cup of mixed greens
- 1 celery
Put in blender add water for desired consistency. Blend. Drink.
Why these foods?
- Avocado – b5, fiber, vitamin K, trace minerals excellent source of excellent fats (PFA’s, phytosterols, linoleic acid)
- Carrot – Great source of Vitamin A, biotin (B7). Source of trace minerals, many vitamin and carbohydrate.
- Apple – Great source of fiber and vitamin C
- Orange – Great source of Vitamin C, and contains vitamins like B1, B5, folate along with fiber and trace minerals
- Mixed berries – antioxidants like anthrocyanins, fiber and trace minerals like manganese and copper
- Mixed greens – tasty source of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin K
- Celery – high in Vitamin K, a source of trace minerals, fiber and water
Dr. Sarah Kent is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor specializing in your health. She blends traditional knowledge with current scientiﬁc understanding to generate wellness within her patients. She has received specialized training in naturopathic sports medicine, applying the principles and tools of naturopathic care in treating athletes.