This roast recipe is so easy. Yup. A great way to include nutritious protein throughout your day as snacks or on a salad.
- Beef roast, any cut. ~1.5kg (3.5 lbs)
- ¼ of a steak spice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Ensure roast is at room temperature. Take out of fridge fully thawed for ½ hr before preparing to roast.
- Cover roast in steak spice. I usually dump the spice in the roasting dish that I am using and roll it around. Discard any extra spice that does not stick. Add more if you need.
- Heat a frying pan on medium high heat. Melt coconut oil.
- Sear each edge of the roast (a few minutes each side)
- Place in roasting dish (for best outcome use one that fits the roast snugly)
- Place in oven at 200 F (93 C) for 8 hr
Suggested use and other time saving tips:
- Put this in over night while you sleep; ensure the oven is on a timer.
- Cut out portion sizes and pack as a snack – this will provide excellent protein and blood sugar balancing benefits.
- Snack ideas:
- Cover with a slice or two of avocado
- Smear some humus on top and wrap in a romaine lettuce leaf
- Add to a salad
- Layer on top of a cooked wedge of sweet potato and top with a poached egg
Dr. Sarah Kent
Dr. Sarah Kent is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor specializing in your health. She blends traditional knowledge with current scientiﬁc understanding to generate wellness within her patients. She has received specialized training in naturopathic sports medicine, applying the principles and tools of naturopathic care in treating athletes.