Dr. Brandy James made this indulgent raw chocolate for Naturmend’s Open House on June 21st 2014. This recipe is super simple and absolutely heavenly. Furthermore it is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free and nut free (if you so choose).
- cacao butter
- cacao powder
- agave nectar
- In a double boiler, place the 1 cup of cocao butter and once melted, add the cocao powder. Mix well.
- Add the agave nectar. While adding the agave nectar be sure to keep stirring.
- Once a smooth consistency, take off the stove top.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the chocolate onto the paper evenly.
- Place in the freezer to harden…voila, raw chocolate!!
*note: you can custom make your raw chocolate by adding coconut shreds, nuts
or seeds (ie. almonds, cashews, pumpkin), fruit etc. There is no limit to
Dr. Brandy takes a holistic and individualized approach to medicine, utilizing a combination of botanical medicine, nutrition, homeopathy and lifestyle and is also trained in Neuroemotional Technique (NET). An integration of these is used to treat a wide range of conditions including but not limited to Digestive concerns, Women’s Health, hormonal issues, pediatrics and a special interest in addressing Stress and its numerous effects on the body.