This easy and scrumptious salad is perfect on a warm sun filled summer evening. Best served after a joyous city wide bike ride, by someone you love 🙂
- 2 Pork chops
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- Olive oil & balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- coconut oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Rinse broccoli, spread evenly on cookie sheet sprinkle with juice of 1/2 of a lemon and olive oil, bake in oven at 350 for 30min
- Heat cast iron pan on medium high heat. Melt coconut oil. (alternatively you could use a BBQ)
- Cook pork chops evenly on both sides, adding salt and pepper to each side
- Arrange mixed greens on plate and add broccoli, pork, strawberries, blueberries and apple.
- Add salad dressing as you desire. I used balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
As always I recommend making double or triple of this salad recipe to use for meals throughout the week.
Dr. Sarah Kent blends traditional knowledge with current scientiﬁc understanding to generate wellness within her patients. She has received specialized training in naturopathic sports medicine, applying the principles and tools of naturopathic care in treating athletes. With these skills she’s helped patients improve their sport performance, rehabilitate & prevent injury.