Need a quick snack or dessert? This delicious recipe will give you that sense of satiety and will definitely make indulging less of a guilt trip!
Directions to make 1 tray (15-18 squares):
Take a baking sheet and lightly oil with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and in a bowl, mix:
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (and/or Coconut Oil)
- 1 ½ cup Gluten-free oats
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Honey (adjust to sweetness preferred)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Evenly spread mixture out and level onto the baking sheet
- Sprinkle ground flaxseed on top
- Bake @ 350 degrees until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and evenly cut into squares on the baking sheet
- Allow for some cooling time
*If you feel that the coconut flour is breaking apart during mixing, add ground flaxseed in the mixing bowl, as a binding agent.
*Feel free to add 1 cup of nuts and/or seeds of your choice to the mixing bowl for a more filling and nutritious snack.
Nadia Mawji (ND Cand 2015)
Born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Nadia is a University of Calgary graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences and a Minor in Dance. She is currently studying to become a Naturopathic Doctor in Toronto, at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. Naturopathic Medicine’s holistic approach is what intrigues her the most about this field of medicine. In particular, she values the strong doctor-patient relationship that can be cultivated in order to guide patients through treatment. Nadia is a recipient of the Gold Level Duke of Edinburgh Young Canadian’s Award Challenge, which was awarded to her for her long-term involvement in community service, skill, physical activity and camping adventures. In her free time, Nadia enjoys volunteering with youth around the city, maintaining her daily fitness routines at the gym and spending time with her family and friends.