Feel like changing up your morning breakfast? Need to pack in some extra nutrients before your busy day? Here is my own special energizing breakfast smoothie recipe, that is both delicious and chalked full with nutrients to start your day off right!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 banana
- Handful of mixed fruit- frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Purica Recovery Powder (available at Naturmend)
- ½ scoop Innate Vitamin C Powder (available at Naturmend)
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens powder (available at Naturmend)
- Vega One Whole Food Energizer (available at Naturmend)
- Almond Milk
- Cacoa nibs
How to: Throw all the ingredients in a blender. Press start. Once it’s blended to your liking, pour in a glass, sit back – relax… and enjoy. Your body will love you for it.
- Banana kick starts you with some natural energy, potassium and additional creaminess.
- Purica Recovery powder brings down inflammation in the body while also bringing balance to the digestive tract.
- Vitamin C will keep away any nasty bugs by improving your immune system.
- Coconut Oil will also strengthen your immune system, possessing anti fungal properties. It is also a healthy fat, which, in combination with the carbohydrates from the fruit, and protein in the powder, will balance blood sugars and keep you going alllllll morning long.
- You definitely don’t have to add both Vega One Whole Food Energizer (which contains greens within it) and Amazing Grass greens powder, however, I enjoy the taste of the greens mixed with the Vega product.
- Add cacao nibs for magnesium as well as to remind you to chew your smoothie. The digestion process starts in the mouth by the action of chewing. Your stomach gets the signal to start pumping out enzymes by the motion of chewing. In addition, carbohydrate digestion begins in the mouth with the enzyme amylase. Even though your smoothie is in liquid form, your body will thank you for chewing your smoothie to aid in the digestion process!
This smoothie is easy and delicious, as well as brings vitality and wellness to you and your body. It’s so tasty in fact, I’d bet money that you and your family may even forget the fact that it’s actually GOOD for you! Besides, who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast?
I am a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, CHN™ and have a transcript in Iridology from the Canadian Institute of Iridology. I achieved my diploma with honors in holistic nutrition at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in Calgary, Alberta. My vast knowledge of supplementation has been acquired from working in naturopathic clinics, health food stores and ongoing education through webinars, books and podcasts. It is important to me to have up to date information on the newest nutritional research and popular diets. I have also completed my 200hr yoga teacher training in Brazil in 2013 with Define Yoga.